The majority of the input options on the “Edit” Agent page are self-explanatory, but we should review “Assignment”. To Assign Agents, go to the “Agents” menu tab, then Agents in the sub-menu, then “List”. Then, choose “Edit” under Actions. On the right side of the page, you will see a section labeled “Assignment” with the following options:
- Agent Type: This option allows you to select a number of Agent Types from the drop-down, including Agent (the usual selection and default), Rep, Affiliate-Multi-Level, Multi-Level, Company, etc. Choose the option that best defines the Agent.
- Contract Type: The option to select a contract type is usually selected during the “Add Quick Agent” input process but may be adjusted. Your options are Agent, Affiliate, Company or a custom contract. See the Contract section below.
- Commission Template: Once a Commission Plan has been completed and Template created (See Commissions Help Page), you can select a template here to apply to your Agent.
- Assign Company/Parent: You have two options here, including “Yes” or “No”. If you select “Yes”, you must then assign a Company and Parent Agent. Of course, the Company and Parent Agent must be inputted prior to this Agent to gain the ability to add the Parent. The new upline/downline can then be viewed under “Hierarchy” (refer to the Agent Hierarchy Help Page below).
- Product Assignment: Here, you can assign specific products to an Agent or Company by typing in the input space and selecting a product(s) or a product template. Products can also be assigned using the Product Assignment tool under “Agents” in the menu (See Product Assignment Help Page), which is particularly helpful if you are assigning products in bulk.